Last year right around this time we were shooting a Christmas themed story featuring Nashville baker Mary Carter and her chocolate chip peppermint cookies for Relish Magazine. Needless to say, they were planning ahead…a full year ahead. Now, this Christmas the story just published in the inaugural launch of their new Relish Magazine iPad app. BTW, the app is a fun way to look at the magazine—very nice layout.
This was a fun shoot. Food stylist Teresa Blackburn and I always have fun working together. Add art director Tom Davis and editor Jill Melton and it’s a party! …so nice to have a successful and enjoyable collaborative effort. Thanks, too, to Liz and Rory for all their assistance.
ps. I get a lot of questions about my surfaces. That blue surface in the background…it’s an old door I picked up back in 1995 on a little adventure. Some people have skeletons in their closet…I have doors.
Twitter Updates @kyledreier
- Happy May Showers…and pancakes. Download the May desktop calendar here: http://t.co/RFPBNYA7Xr #food #calendar #photography
- Making "art" with the boys on a nature hike today. Great day to be outside. http://t.co/UN8ajRhpfZ
- Mocha on my mind. #spaghetti #food #art http://t.co/F0bskbnsfV
- This is what happens with no cable. Spaghetti art TV with rabbit ears by my 7 year old. #food #art http://t.co/t3dADBdZJ1
- Picasso? Nope. Spaghetti art with my boys. Why does this look like me? #food #art http://t.co/Vby9EMpIe5
- My fab place for a great burger. Chef John rocks. Know where I am? https://t.co/ZMuwnNSmm9
- Just learned a new word thanks to @st8mnt ..."fangirling" ... #omg