Well the 2012 Olympic Games in London are officially over. I think I’ve watched more TV in the past two weeks than I have since college…but let’s not dwell on that.
For me, I was most drawn in by women’s gymnastic team (if they’re even old enough to be called “women”) and the superb talent of the women’s track team. What a special group of girls/ladies overall. That’s not to diminish any of the other competitors’ talents and efforts, but having been a really bad gymnast and a decent trackster I guess I just had a natural interest in these sports. I enjoyed watching the men’s teams as well but the amazing amount of composure and great attitudes of some of the women on those teams was just captivating.
So, what’s all this have to do with coffee? Absolutely nothing other than some visual inspiration that hit me during the games. What can I say, I took it as an opportunity to play a little with the Olympic rings. Who know’s what kind of inspiration will come with the 2014 Winter Olympics in Russia. At this moment I’ve got nothing, but I’ve got some time.
Twitter Updates @kyledreier
- Happy May Showers…and pancakes. Download the May desktop calendar here: http://t.co/RFPBNYA7Xr #food #calendar #photography
- Making "art" with the boys on a nature hike today. Great day to be outside. http://t.co/UN8ajRhpfZ
- Mocha on my mind. #spaghetti #food #art http://t.co/F0bskbnsfV
- This is what happens with no cable. Spaghetti art TV with rabbit ears by my 7 year old. #food #art http://t.co/t3dADBdZJ1
- Picasso? Nope. Spaghetti art with my boys. Why does this look like me? #food #art http://t.co/Vby9EMpIe5
- My fab place for a great burger. Chef John rocks. Know where I am? https://t.co/ZMuwnNSmm9
- Just learned a new word thanks to @st8mnt ..."fangirling" ... #omg