Back in September I mentioned (and sorta teased about) the double-top-secret cookbook project I was working on with local author and blogger extraordinaire Courtney Dial (soon to be Whitmore). Well, the cat is out of the bag … the publisher (Gibbs-Smith) has announced “Push-up Pops”—available March 2012.
These new push-up gizmos are reminiscent of the orange sherbet push-up pops I grew up with, but these modernized versions host all kinds of creative delectable treats—from chocolate brownie sundaes to frozen peach bellinis. (Confession: I can actually personally vouch for exactly how delectable these two particular treats are … er, uh … were.)
Big thanks to Courtney, her faithful assistant (and mom) Phronsie Dial, stylist Caroline Brewer, first assistant Rory White and retoucher Tony Richardson for what was a fun, fast and furious five days of shooting 35 different push-up pop recipes.
Also a special thanks to the eleventh-hour spouse crew for grabbing dinner (yes, dinner) for the crew, meticulously sorting sprinkles by color and lending a hand with props and gear. Getting across the finish line was a huge team effort.
ps. You can pre-order the book at amazon.com
Twitter Updates @kyledreier
- Brand Against the Machine by @johnmorgan is good stuff…even at 6 am.
- Happy May Showers…and pancakes. Download the May desktop calendar here: http://t.co/RFPBNYA7Xr #food #calendar #photography
- Making "art" with the boys on a nature hike today. Great day to be outside. http://t.co/UN8ajRhpfZ
- Mocha on my mind. #spaghetti #food #art http://t.co/F0bskbnsfV
- This is what happens with no cable. Spaghetti art TV with rabbit ears by my 7 year old. #food #art http://t.co/t3dADBdZJ1
- Picasso? Nope. Spaghetti art with my boys. Why does this look like me? #food #art http://t.co/Vby9EMpIe5